About the Barefoot Doctor's Journal
Providing readers access to tools, information and community resources, needed to stay healthy naturally. The Journal offers readers a unique synthesis of modern science and credible, healthy lifestyle recommendations from the ancient wisdom of traditional medicine. Readers will find a wealth of information on topics including diet and exercise as medicine, t’ai chi, qigong, Traditional Chinese Medicine including acupuncture, herbal medicine, meditation, yoga, natures therapy and more.
About us: The Living Younger Longer Institute
The Living Younger Longer Institute is an autonomous research, clinical and educational institution in the Denver area. The Institute is dedicated to providing individuals, healthcare professionals and organizations with outstanding education programs and clinical services with authentic acupuncture, t’ai-chi, qigong, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Community engagement is not new for the Institute.
We have been involved in this cause in some shape or form for three decades. The Institute has provided dozens of top health organizations with quality health education programs including;
- Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- University of Denver Institute of Gerontology
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival,
- The American College of Sports Medicine
- The Gerontological Society of America
- The American Society on Aging
- Porter and Littleton and St. Joseph’s Hospital
The work of promoting physically active lifestyles is of international importance.
We collaborate every day with partners around the world to implement effective strategies that promote physical activity.
The collaborations below are examples of institutional links created and maintained by the Institute.
- Oxford Roundtable, at Harris Manchester College in the University of Oxford
- Colorado Governor’s Council for Active and Healthy Lifestyles
- National Association of Health and Fitness( NAHF)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise is Medicine, Network Partner
- National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity (NCPPA)
- President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition (PCFSN)